You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Carlson’ tag.
Saturday Session 2, Talk 4, Bruce A. Carlson, Of the Seventy
- Ground Affect – plane stalled and crashed - No serious injuries.
- Harold B. Lee – “The safety of the church lies in the members keeping the commandments. As they keep the commandments, blessings will come.”
- When we choose to disobey a commandment:
- We have convinced it ourselves it does not apply to us.
- Partial or selective compliance with God’s laws will fail to bring the blessings of obedience.
- It is not important.
- Obedience to the Lord’s commands, in spite of how trivial or unimportant we believe them to be will surely bring his promised blessings.
- It is too difficult to obey
- At times we may rationalize that the Lord will understand our disobedience because our special circumstances make adherence to his laws difficult, embarrassing or even painful. However, faithful obedience, regardless of the apparent size of the task will bring the lords guidance, assistance and peace.
- “WHEN THE LORD COMMANDS, DO IT.”