You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘D. Todd Christofferson’ tag.
Saturday Session 2, Talk 2, D. Todd Christofferson, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- Translations and making it widely available.
- Gratitude to those who wrote the scriptures.
- We were not there, but know these things since we have the scriptual references of what happened.
- It helps us not forget what earlier generations and us have learned.
- Scriptures are standards for truth and knowledge
Sunday Session 5, Talk 7 – D. Todd Christofferson, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- Moral Agency, the right to make choices and account for those choices.
- WW II – James E. Faust was in enlisted in the US Army.
- Asked the question “In times of war, should not the morale code be relaxed? Does not the stress of battle justify men in doing things they would not do while at home under normal situations?”
- Answered “I do not believe there is a double standard of morality.”
- Moral Discipline is the practice of exercising agency to choose the right, just be cause it is right.
- Discipline’s root word is Disciple.
- The more of God’s laws we obey, the fewer laws we need on earth.
- Morale Discipline is learned at home.
- Teach your children while you have them and convert them while they are with you.
- Book of Mormon quote: “Wickedness never was happiness”
- His mother’s quick correction put an abrupt end to his life of crime!
- Discipline needs to be founded on faith in Heavenly Father and the son and what we can achieve with atonement of Jesus Christ.
- God is our Father, his son Jesus is our redeemer. Their law is immutable, truth everlasting and love is infinite.